Monday, October 1, 2012

First Baby Sweater

Finished!
Sirdar Snuggly Yarn Baby Cardigan
(still in need of buttons)
Just over a week to make my first sweater.  I'll take it!

Of course, staying true to form, I had to "alter" the pattern a little in order to get the "Snowdrops" yarn to work for the trim.

Go Figure.



Speaking of staying true to form, I made some ginger cookies the other day.  I followed the recipe to a "T"- and they didn't turn out all that great.
I you'd think I would have learned my lesson by now:  Change the recipe (or pattern, or whatever) all I want, I'll be happier with the product if I do.

Oh well, lesson *kinda* learned.

Circular Needle Shawl Pin
(Thanks to my husband for the idea!)

This past week has proven to be somewhat productive.  Spent a little bit of time in my studio.  Among other things I made this here shawl pin.
<-------------

Luckily, this means I have some more finished shawl pins and earrings to post in my Etsy shop.

Working on getting the baby's room ready means a little bit of crafty stuff going on.  I won't go into that now, though.

Friday was apple picking day.  31 lbs. later...



Coming up this week:  Apple Extravaganza

2 comments:

  1. I love your first baby sweater! Catherine, please put me the text list or whatever for when Baby Z is born. I am anxiously awaiting the call every day as your due week approaches! Also, I really want to buy a shawl pin. Would those work with scarves too? And, I need to stop by your place to drop off your little Tupperware gift. Hopefully more creative gifts from me to you will follow but you know you were a while back awarded these sippy cups! :)
    I hope to see you, but I know you're busy... at least give me a "Hey", sis!! Love you lots
    :) Stay healthy and well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura!
    I have been so all over the place- I am so sorry we missed your opening! I hope it went well, though.
    We will let you know when Baby Z is born-- I am anxiously awaiting her arrival, too!
    A shawl pin would certainly work with a scarf, too, but it may depend on the weight of the scarf- I can always make something slightly larger for you if you have a heavy scarf in mind :)
    Everything is going well with us, just the waiting game now...
    *Hugs and Hellos to you*

    ReplyDelete