Tuesday, September 3, 2013

gift time

Babies, babies, everywhere!

Two more cousins are on their way, and it is a pretty exciting time.  There was a baby shower this past Sunday, which I was out of town for, but I sent these cute little burp cloths along to the momma.

 My mother in law has been making quilts for the new babies, and I have been using the fabric she has left to make matching burp cloths.
I just love these little owls!  
Super cute choice by my mom-in-law.  

I feel like I have been planning, well, Everything lately. 
So much so, that I have planned out Christmas gifts already.
That's not really like me to be that prepared.  
I even wrote on my calendar, counting it out.  
I have one week per person.  Oh boy.
Because, obviously, I am making the gifts.  And I am pretty darn excited about them!  I even have the "packaging" figured out.  Now I just have to get cracking, and get the materials.  (That is surely eating into my plan of "one week per person"!)

But, that is all I can say right now about those gifts.  


Moving on, over Labor Day weekend we took Lily on her first camping trip!  
Pointing: "Dat?"  "That's a tent."  "Dat?"  "Tent."  "Dat?"  "Tent."
Cutest little thing I have ever laid eyes on!
She crawled around in the dirt and mud, picking up all the grass and leaves she desired.  She played hard!  
We came home to our garden overgrown with burcucumber.  It started growing when the beans were coming in, and so I figured it was a bean, since it was crawling like one.  The wide leave should have warned me, but I thought it was just a different kind of bean than I had grown before (I tried two new types this year.) So yesterday, my husband did the research and figured out what it was, then we ripped and tore until it was (almost) all gone.  We uncovered TONS of little cherry tomatoes.  Yay!

Up next:
More garden adventures
Hopes of making some jewelry





No comments:

Post a Comment