Thursday, May 31, 2012

Indirect making of things

I make things.  True statement.
It's a work in progress.
Gardens are kind of different, though.  I grow things, but really, the rain and the sun grow things.  I just tend to them, pluck out their adversaries, and their fruits.
More time in the garden, and it is really getting somewhere!  The tomato plants are growing like crazy, so is everything else, for that matter.  
And, the garden is still tame.  Which is saying something.  We put grass down on the walkways, and we have all soaker hoses this year in hopes that we won't waste water or over water the plants-- or just water their leaves.

The sky is bright blue today, a few clouds floating about.  Hopefully I will have time to venture to the garden to work.




Most importantly, though, more studio time today.
I cleaned and organized my studio the other day, which of course was like a trip down memory lane.
"Ooooh. I made that?"
and
"Oh, I should finish that.  That was a good start.."
and
"Why isn't that in the scrap bin?!  Yuck."

But, the small changes I made to the set up made the room a lot easier to work in.  So I definitely look forward to that!
Just a little more to finish on this ring, and it should be done.  *fingers crossed*
Photos to follow of the ring (but not until she gets it!)



No comments:

Post a Comment