Tuesday, May 15, 2012

How I started my summer vacation.

Now that I am really, truly done with school (again) my days are somewhat open.
That doesn't mean I don't have a lot that I want to do.  I have PLENTY to keep me busy.
But this "Free Time" should be good for the garden.  And my jewelry making.

Periwinkle Before.
Choking out my cute
little pansies!
I weeded in front of our house today.  Periwinkle- it looks nice, but it takes over, and that doesn't make me too happy.  So I pulled that out until I couldn't stand it anymore.  Good enough for now!

I also planted some cute yellow flowers that I picked up at the Mother's Day Plant sale at Landis Valley Museum.
I'd post a photo of them, but it's RAINING!!!! And I think I would even classify this as a downpour, so I'm not going out there!

After a few beautiful, sunny days, this weather is just what the big garden needs.  (Good thing I got some cucumber seeds in when I did.)

The thing about this rain, and the free time, is that it just makes me want to take a nap.  It just seems like the right thing to do on such a grey afternoon.  I'm holding out though.  I can make it through!

I do have a few projects going on right now:

The original ring. 
°Remake an engagement ring. (I must admit, I am glad to be redoing it.  I think it will look SO much better this way than how I originally made it.)  It is a rough diamond (great for those of us with self-diagnosed OCD who thrive on symmetry) and I tried to put it in prongs first. It looked so out of place.  So now, bezel it is.  And my, how I do love bezels. I was lost for a bit trying to design this ring, but then I realized, HEXAGON!  I love working with hexagons, and this stone lent itself to using a hexagon.  The puzzle started to make sense.  After photos coming.


°Make a pearl bracelet.
°Design some earrings for some friends.
°And, I am trying to decide if I should invest in a torch for lampworking (making glass beads.)  It would be an awful lot of fun...

I miss my co-op, and my classes.  It hasn't even been a week yet since I finished student teaching.  Luckily, I have lots to keep me busy (see above), but I realized that I certainly do like to teach- I think going back to school was definitely worth it.


The sun is breaking through the clouds now.  Maybe I'll find a rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment