Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Exciting Stuff!

Well, aside from changing schedules, we are starting to really get into a groove. There are many days when the wee one lets me get a lot done.
New baby sweater.
"Puerperium"




Over the past week I strang (strung?) some pearls, finished a whole bunch of my tiny earrings, knitted a sweater, made some other baby gifts, baked bread... You know, the usual.


(I must say, it is fun to have a model for my knitting!)





Of course, I didn't really get to the specifically Valentine's inspired jewelry, but hey.
Pearls and earrings are good!









On another note:

A few years ago, I got my husband (at the time boyfriend) a sheet of stainless steel for his birthday to make a knife with. Well, that hasn't been done yet- not even started.  But drawings were just being done by him within the past two weeks. :D
Along with this idea, he decided he wants to learn to do blacksmithing. That reminded me, for my freshman orientation to college, I attended Haystack Mountain School for a long weekend - where I learned blacksmithing. Clearly not all of the ins and outs and what-have-yous, but I got to try my hand at it.
It was Great.
So now I have a hankering to hammer some hot metal on an anvil, along with my many other, more docile hobbies.


Baby shower this weekend.
I never really enjoyed any kind of shower (except the kind in a tub), but I must admit that having a baby around, I am pretty excited to go to this shower. It's more fun, I guess, knowing what they are getting themselves into!

Up next:
More earrings
Another baby sweater- same pattern, different baby.

Desserts? (I'm really hungry right now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment