Monday, February 11, 2013

Well, that didn't go like I planned.

No new earrings.
No second sweater.
No desserts.

Ok, that's a little exaggerated.
* There really are no new earrings. Though I did manage to fully finish the pairs I had started.

(big thanks to mom for the new needle set!)


* The second sweater is not made. I started it... Then tore out more than half of what I did. Apparently I neglected to look back at what I had done, and one of the button bands was stockinette, the other was, correctly, garter. Riiiiiiiiip, riiiiip, riiiiip... I started to knit it again, but I'm still on the krimpy yarn.



* Desserts. I didn't make anything great, that's for sure.
I saw a recipe for chia almond coconut pudding.
Eh. It was ok, but I'm not sure I'd make it again.it seemed like a waste of perfectly good chia seeds. A LOT of perfectly good chia seeds. I've had the same bag for over a year now, I'm sure (they're dry, and haven't gone bad!) Now, granted, I don't eat or drink them that often, I had barely made a dent in them. This *just ok* pudding put a huge dent in the bag!
just what I was looking for

And by the way, I think chia seeds are what had me running in the summer heat, 7 months pregnant- so yeah, I think they are pretty awesome.



I DID take a little field trip to the public library, though. Picked up a nice little book on bookbinding.
Color me happy, but for the fact that I haven't even gotten to look at it yet. The day after I got it, I felt pretty pathetic with a headache, and a hurting back. (Carrying around 11lbs in front of you isn't the easiest on your back, you know.) And it may have had something to do with the (blizzard?) Nemo/Charlotte with the pressure changes, and the irritatingly disappointing lack of predicted snow.


Either way, I even missed the baby shower because I hadn't returned to feeling normal yet.
So this is what I am sending out soon!

baby gifts.
blue sweater & burp cloths.
Coming up:
Who knows. I just hope I make something decent this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment