Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend, and then some.

I had a wonderful time last week seeing old faces.
Wednesday I met some friends at the relatively new Indian restaurant The Himalayan Curry & Grill.
We also went into Bella Boo, where one of our favorite Debbies got the wee one two awesome Haba toys.  As it turns out, Bella Boo also sells gdiapers. (I would so much rather buy local than from Babies R Us.)
Thursday I was lucky enough to go back to the school where I student taught last spring!  They had their art show, and I was invited to judge the jewelry.  Talk about hard to do!!! The kids all did a great job, (it helps that they have an amazing teacher!  Hopefully I will be as good as her someday!). It was wonderful to see some of my old students, who were more than happy to watch the wee one while I looked at all of the work.  After that I went over to the big garden, and while my husband tended to the bees, I threw piles of grass clippings over newspaper paths.  Time got away from us, and we had to hurry over to the local high school, where a friend of ours had work in another art show that was going on.  
Friday and Saturday were much more mellow, but Sunday picked right back up.
My husband's band played at FlavorFest.  We started our day out early, at the coffee shop, then headed to the Renaissance Faire, where the event was taking place.  Family showed up, and overall there was a great turnout.  Of course, we had to move the party to our friends house.  That's when it really started to get good! 
PIZZA!
On a charcoal grill.
Photos? Of course not!  I was too busy feeding a baby half of the time.
I had made the dough and rolled it out.  Our food-savvy friends worked on the toppings.
Pizza #1
Apples, Candied Bacon, Thyme, (and a really good cheese that I forgot.)
Pizza #2
Pineapple, Caramelized Onion, Arugula, Coconut Gouda, Coconut White Balsamic
Pizza #3
Italian Sausage, Fennel, Roasted Garlic (and I think more arugula)
Pizza #4
Roasted Red Peppers, Caramelized Onion, Roasted Garlic, Arugula, Mozzarella
It was all delicious.
The grill cooled down, and it got late, so I ended up with two rounds of dough leftover.  
Darn.
Tonight we did pizza on our gas grill, with the little smoker box.
Pizza #1
Pineapple, Onion, Red Pepper, Spinach/Arugula Mix, Mozzarella (my husband's half had sauce)
Pizza #2
I basically just put a salad on flatbread for this one...
Avocado, Beets, Spinach/Arugula Mix, Onion, Red Pepper, Feta, Mozzarella (sauce on half this time, too)
I made the decision, we are having Pad Thai again soon.  The unused half of the noodles in the bag keep falling out and onto the counter.  It's bugging me.  
Don't you like how I decide on my meals?!
Up next:
Still trying to get working in the studio.  Ideas of jewelry bouncing around in my head.  Maybe they will get on paper first?

No comments:

Post a Comment