Thursday, April 3, 2014

Happy Birthday to me

How will I spend my birthday this year?
Will I go play in the park with my daughter?
Maybe have a delicious dinner with a glass of wine?
Cake?
I don't know, but I bet it's going to start with breakfast.  Maybe I will make myself a sweet latte, too.  Probably not.  The coffee is enough to have me buzzing around.  I wish I could spend the day relaxing with my husband along with my daughter.  We will have no such luck, though.  I should find places yo go that give you free stuff on your birthday!  Hmmmm.  The only thing is, the guys have band practice at night, so if I want in on any birthday freebies, I have to start early.  I am really hoping the ice cream shop partakes!  
Meanwhile, I spent some time at my bench yesterday.
Spinning.
Red.
Dot.
Check Etsy, it might be there!
I do feel like I am finding my style again. Not that I had lost it, but I wasn't making work the same as I used to.
It usually comes down to movement and color. (And any combination of dots, geometry and symmetry.)
At any rate, it was kinda nice.  I feel like I am doing something productive, and it's even possible someone will like what I made!

Mom-in Law got me this for my birthday.

ICE CREAM!

And a few years ago, they got me a grill.  (These things are all for Us really, but that is ok by me!)

I'd just like to say that I lucked out with some of the best in-laws out there.    

And I'm not saying that because of the great gifts (but they are great), but because they are just so NICE, too!






Anyhow, the job hunt continues. 
What should a  super smart, jack-of-all trades kinda guy do for work, after he has been teaching alternative ed and emotional support for TEN years?  
He was even told twice yesterday that he is the model teacher, by people who have been working in that setting for years.  
The problem is, it's been 10 years, and he is ready for something 
New.  
Different.  
Better.   
Less stressful.  

Time to get the little lady who is singing to her animal friends up in bed!
Wish us luck in the hunt for a new career.

No comments:

Post a Comment