Friday, October 17, 2014

Autumn Leaves

My daughter and I made an extra long weekend of the Columbus Day weekend that just passed.  
We ventured up to Vermont where the leaves were falling
       and the smell of woodsmoke filled the air. 
On Friday, the girls went to the Ibex "Tent" Sale. 
      It was indoors this year. 
      And way too hot in there to be trying on winter jackets. 
I walked away with a few good deals, but it wasn't nearly as good as past years had been. 
I did finally get a new hoodie.
      It is so soft, like a super hug.


The rest of the time up there was spent on a variety of Vermont-y things (to me.)

My mother and I made some great little jewelry pouches just in time for the upcoming holiday season

I found a snowflake knitting pattern that I am excited to try
       Not that I know when I will get to it!
       Also, I just looked at this woman's other work... 
It's AMAZING. 


The other super cute thing that happened up in Vermont...

The best little helper in the world.

Happily raking leaves with Grandpa.
















Of course, while in Vermont, it is customary to pick up some maple syrup, too.  
    Talk about Buy Local.

There is nothing quite like being able to talk to the old guy who made the syrup I will be enjoying while standing in his kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment