Monday, April 8, 2013

Life begins to emerge

Warm sun
Water

Life!

Another season of gardening begins.

A very productive weekend is now behind us.
First of all, it's great to have a spring birthday because my mother in law brings me daffodils from her house :)
And, my husband is the best, because he planned to surprise me by having friends over for dinner and then going out to the pub.
Love.

But then, the two beehives were painted, and an extra, top bar hive, was mostly put together.
I planted more seeds in the backyard garden. Spinach, carrots, beets, and swiss chard. Also the herb section: sweet basil, thai basil, dill, cilantro and parsley.

And we went up to the big garden. Lily watched as her daddy and I pulled out all of the old structure from last year, the soaker hoses, and any plastic bits from markers or ties. Then farmer Wayne brought over three scoops of mushroom mulch and tilled it in, along with all of the plant matter left from last season.

"Sugar." he said.

It's going to be like sugar. He will retill on wednesday, when the temperature is supposed to reach 80°, and then again, right before we start to plant.


Today the wee one let me get started on the house chores while she slept in. Laundry filled the line and is almost dry in the warm sun. Nothing like the smell of fresh, line dried sheets on the bed!
Bread is rising, and Lily is sleeping on my chest.
Hopefully this spells a productive week to come.

Up next:
*Finish my spring cleaning (I won't bore you with those details.)
*Sewing
*Polishing








No comments:

Post a Comment