Tuesday, April 30, 2013

On the Rise

Right now, Lily is out with grandma.  Probably at the park.  I expect them back any minute now.
Also right now...  My daughter is SIX MONTHS OLD!   Ooh.  I hear her bell.  They're home!!

Also right now.

Bread Is Rising! 

Maryetta's Oatmeal Bread, to be exact. 


We own it.
My parents own it.
My husband's parents own it.
Everyone should own it!


Two regular loaves.
One with cinnamon and sugar.
Yum!




Also, a week or two ago, I made this delicious (If I do say so myself!) meal. 

Roasted Asparagus & Peppers with Feta.

1 bunch of asparagus
1 large sweet pepper, (or the equivalent)
drizzle (or glug) olive oil over it, and grind some black pepper on
top with crumbled feta

Roast at 400°F about 25-45 min (until veggies are done to your liking.)


And, in other news:

The big garden is just about completely planted.
We need some hungarian wax peppers- of which I am STRICTLY limiting myself to 6 or less.  Sad, but it must be done!

Lily helped with the garden-- so did lots of people!   That helped make short work of the planting.
We have potatoes, peppers, squash, watermelon, tomatoes, onions, carrots, beets, peas and beans.
Yesterday we got rain, too.  Great for the gardens!

No comments:

Post a Comment