Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekend Wins.

Silver and chrysoprase.
What do I like more than that combination?

Really high carat gold paired with a really deep green chrysoprase. 

But lately, call me crazy, I am going for the more realistic, somewhat more "economic" route, if you will.  
Don't get me wrong.  I will happily make things with gold!  As of now, though, I would want to work on the designs more, to make them really *Pop*  with the placement of color combinations.
But these fun ones are done and waiting to be snatched up by the first lucky bidder.
I also finished a fun spinning ring and some sparkling square studs.  A new endeavor.

This weekend was a bit crazy.  
Saturday we had a great dinner with some wonderful friends.  
Apple and Brie soup, followed by rabbit, polenta, fennel, and roasted garlic.  Then a cheese plate with some coconut gouda, cambezola bleu, midnight moon (if I remember correctly), and a mustard one, which I can never seem to remember the name of, from The Savory Gourmet.   Then we had a carrot cake that I made and decorated.
Did I take a picture?  Of course not.  I was too busy trying to clean up the kitchen that was littered with cake making and decorating stuff, as well as scraps from making a marinade for indian food.  That was my husband's doing.  
Because… Sunday, we had an indian food fest.  We did chicken tikka masala, toasted chickpeas, rice, and made the naan.  Our friends made pakora and chicken makhani.  

It was a delicious weekend.  

Now back to the week.
Laundry is already going.  
I hear little sounds coming from the wee one. 
And my coffee is getting cold, as always, while I type!

Here's to good things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment