Thursday, March 20, 2014

Foggy Spring Morning.

Cars whir past as I sit waiting for my daughter to wake up this foggy, grey, first day of spring morning.
Hazelnut coffee, still warm in the press, but already chilled in my mug.
The hunt for a new job for my husband continues, but I must take a short break to say hello here.

Thoughts of gardens dance in my mind.
Watermelon, cantaloupe.
Zucchini
Tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes.
Fresh salad greens!

I do believe that is one of my favorite things about my backyard garden.
The fresh salad.  A little bit of this, a little bit of that.  Some spinach, a handful of beet greens.  Throw in some swiss chard, too.   (It's even better when it is sautéed with garlic, then tossed on top!)

There are tiny sprouts of spinach in my makeshift greenhouse outside.  The half inch sprouts somehow seemed to weather the winter cold, and now they are starting to grow taller.  Signs of life.

For now, the thoughts of spring are brought to my home by flowers.  Mom-in-law brought us the purple plant a couple of weeks ago.   I couldn't resist the bouquet of yellow and orange daisies yesterday at the grocery store.   They were on clearance, like their days were numbered.
SOMEONE had to save them from wilting all alone in the store.

Time is tick-tocking by quickly today.
Off to get ready for work and make some yummy oatmeal for the wee one.
Plans taking over my mind and my bench for some spring jewelry designs and creations.
Excitement for life.  And sincere hopes for good things to come soon to my amazing husband.    
Happy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment