Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's an obsession. I can't stop.

Threat again of a winter storm. The warning that was good until 8am today has now been extended to 10pm, with only a grey sky, and not even a glimpse of a snowflake. Yes, I'm obsessed. I just want some real snow this year. Everywhere else got some. (Ok, lots.)

*tie bib*
It's together and clean, but I do need to press it to take a prettier picture!



With a whirlwind weekend, we sure did get quite a lot done.


Friday afternoon I got to work on some of my bibs. Boy version. I only got to do two- bias tape and time ran out! I am really excited about these!!!!!!!
Hopefully other people share my enthusiasm. Since we just started solid foods, I am noticing how it is really helpful to have more bibs than you ever imagined needing (or wanting).




We had a friend in from Albuquerque on Friday night, which spelled another trip to the pub. Of course, we didn't head out until the wee one usually goes to bed. She was all snug on Daddy's chest, and super alert on the way there. She lasted a little while, and then went to sleep. That was great-except she woke back up. (I think it had something to do with talking with his hands!) Anyway, the next day we got some breakfast, and our visitor left. A few hours later, another friend was knocking on the door.
It was time to put the bee boxes together!
So Lily was this time wrapped onto my chest, facing out- She has to witness all of the crazy things her parents do. The boards were glued, and somehow I was the one- baby attached to me- who ended up swinging the mallet to wedge them in place. She was unphased by this craziness and noise. Phew! One six pack, and one roast beef dinner, one trip to the hardware store, and 9 hours later, the boxes and frames were done.

Also, spring cleaning is going well, I do believe. We got some rest on Saturday night, and woke up with big hopes for productivity. Well, it all worked out! We cleaned and organized the mess of a garage. We even figured out how to place our raised beds in the yard. I gave my husband a haircut (new clippers work so well!!) and as a bonus, he ended up vacuuming the whole house. Maybe the spring cleaning OCD won't delay the rest of the things I want to do after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment